Definition of Goal
- In various sports such as Hockey, Soccer, Rugby and some others, it is the place where the score or point must be made. In Spanish this term would be goal, court or something similar.
- Definition or annotation in the middle of a sporting match, in other words, it is to overcome the opposing team and score points in favor of the team to which it belongs by passing the ball through the goal.
- It is the result or achievement towards which the effort of someone or something is directed , it can be a tangible or intangible goal that is acted upon to achieve it.
SYNONYMS FOR GOAL
- Basketball court
ORIGIN OF GOAL
Goal is a word that comes from English and literally means “goal” or “objective”. This term has been adopted in sports to designate the passage of the ball through the goal and also the place where the points should be scored.
The use of this word is polysemic, however, its diffusion in Spanish comes mainly from the sports environment. Different sports broadcasts use this word and this has caused its use to spread around the globe.
CURIOSITIES OF GOAL
- Golden Goal or “golden goal” is the name of the annotation that seals the victory in the middle of a game and that has been made in the middle of an extension of the normal time of a game.
- An Olympic Goal is an annotation in football that occurs when from a corner kick the ball enters the goal without touching any player except the rival goal.
- Goal ! is a series of films focused on Soccer Football that consists of three installments. The first of them launched in 2005, the second in 2007 and the third in 2009.