Definition of Definir
Definir is a verb that we often use to refer to the explanation of the origin or reason for a word or situation, however, this verb can not only be used to refer to the meaning of a word, in what-wants-to-say. com we will explain.
Definir in spanish can be translated as define. Definir has its origin in the Latin defineé, it is a transitive verb that serves to express accurately and precisely the meaning of a word or the nature of a person or thing, for example:
- In the letter class we were assigned to define twenty words.
There are different types of definitions:
- Nominal that only defines what is related to the name of the concept.
- Descriptive only refers to characteristics that make the concept of the word to be defined specific.
- Extension in this list the characteristics to mention.
Definir in art means giving the final details to an artistic work, while in sports it refers to having well-marked muscles, example:
- Squads help define the leg muscles.
In theology it is used to establish a point of doctrine as truth of faith, for example:
- The national council defined the institutional norms of the church.
From another point of view this can be used as a qualifier to determine the position of a person, example:
- María defined her position before her emotional crisis.
- Marcos is defined as a liberal person.
Synonyms of Definir
- Pin up