Definition of WTF
- They are the acronym of English vulgarism what the fuck that translated into Spanish means What the hell? or what the fuck? In other words, it is a foul phrase.
- By extension, it is used as an admiring phrase or particle that can be translated in Spanish as ¡Pero qué dice! Is seriously! Or similar.
ORIGIN OF WTF
The abbreviation WTF refers to the English phrase what the fuck that is used in various ways. This popularized Anglicism in social networks is widely used in the Spanish language and can be associated with different expressions as long as they want to show discontent, surprise or amazement in specific situations.
WTF has different ways of being used, either with an exclamation mark to indicate surprise, with a question mark to ask or convey confusion and even be written with both signs to show surprise next to questions.
CURIOSITIES OF WTF
- Until 2017 it was known to the World Taekwondo Federation with the acronym WTF.
- WTF with Marc Maron, radio show and podcast broadcast since September 2009 by Marc Maron
- There are several songs that are called “WTF” or contain this acronym in their name. Some examples are: “WTF” by Chilean “Boy Pablo” or “WTF Do I Know” by Miley Cyrus.