Definition of Ew
- It is an expression normally used to show dislike for something or circumstance. For example: Ew, that food smells awful.
- In English, this word can be used as a synonym of to place, that is, of the verb to put or to place.
SYNONYMS FOR EW
ANTONYMS FOR EW
ORIGIN OF EW
Ew is an onomatopoeia that is born from the sound that is expressed by having disgust for something. Like many other onomatopoeias, there is no exact trace of where it began to be used. However, it is used in English and Spanish language speakers.
The term ew is commonly used in everyday life and in social media posts and conversations. Its use is more and more extensive although it has not been accepted by any authority of the Spanish or English language.
CURIOSITIES OF EW
- Ew is the name given to a song by the Japanese artist known as “Joji”. The song was released in 2020.
- Artists Jimmy Fallon and Will.i.am released a song titled “ew” in 2015. The song is totally comical and clearly exemplifies “ew” as “disgust”.
- There is a line of bath products called “ew”. These are distributed in the United States mainly