Definition of Chilin
- An onomatopoeic voice that arises from the sound that some objects make when they collide, especially bells or glass goblets.
- By extension chilin is called toasting. For example: After splitting the cake everyone raised their glasses and chilin.
- In this country and others in Central America, this word is used to express that everything is fine or relaxed. For example: At my friends ‘house, having a chillin’ time.
- Chilin is a town that belongs to the department of Córdoba in Colombia.
- Being that is part of Chinese mythology and is known in Europe and America as “Chinese Unicorn”. It is also known as qilin or quilin.
- In some Spanish-speaking areas, he refers to the penis with the term chilin. Especially when the man is at his tender age and he is small.
- Noun that designates a man with a small penis.
SYNONYMS FOR CHILIN
- To make a toast
ORIGIN OF CHILIN
Chilin is an onomatopoeic voice that is born from the sound that some objects make when they collide. For this reason, in addition to designating this act, it is interpreted as synonymous with toasting.
The word chilin or chillin comes from the English word chillout or its gerund chilling, which in Spanish means to relax. This Anglicism is frequently used in Puerto Rico, Panama and other countries to express that everything is fine or relaxed.
This mythological being originated in the Ming dynasty and has a close relationship with the giraffe. Despite the above, its appearance is very different from that of the western giraffe or unicorn as it represents an ungulate that is an animal with the body of a lion, fish skin and deer horn.
CURIOSITIES OF CHILIN
- Chillin, is the name of a reggae song performed by Tego Calderón and Don Omar released in 2006. The word is taken from the theme as “always being relaxed no matter what they say”.