Definition of AFK
- It is an acronym that comes from the English Away From Keyboard , and which in Spanish means “lejos del teclado”. That is, it refers to the action of not being close to maneuver in a virtual environment.
- In the gamer environment it is used to indicate that a player is inactive, despite the fact that he appears fully active in the game. In other words, it is the indication that a pause has been taken without exiting the game.
ORIGIN OF AFK
AFK expression was originated in the middle of the environment gamer and comes from the English Away From Keyboard. Also, it is there, in games, where its use is generalized. What is meant by using this acronym is that the player is not participating in the game, even though his avatar and line are active.
AFK can be used in the middle of the game, as there can always be a setback, whether it is to take a break , have lunch or meet some basic need. This is why this acronym is becoming increasingly popular among players, as it provides the opportunity to pause without completely abandoning the game.
CURIOSITIES OF AFK
- The use of AFK has become widespread and, increasingly, it is possible to find this abbreviation in other contexts, such as chat rooms, videoconferences, among others. The latter helps the term take on a more universal application.
- It is not advisable to make excessive use of the term AFK in the middle of the same game or even to resort to this resource very frequently. Well, each piece of equipment is essential for success and the other members may not take so many pauses and label the user as not recommended.
- There is another code with a meaning similar to AFK, this is BRB which means Be right back or “vuelvo enseguida”. This last code is used when the absence is momentary.